There probably aren’t many people in your life that you have such a special relationship with as you do with your mum. She starts life as your best friend, but there may be a few ups and downs along the way (otherwise known as the teenage years).
As you grow there are certainly a few hiccups, but no matter what stage of life you’re at you know that you can always rely on mum. That’s why we’re proud to be sponsoring the Mum of the Year category at the 2016 Local Hero Awards, hosted by Bridge FM.
The Local Hero Awards is designed to recognise anyone who goes above and beyond, and who does that more than mum? Each and every day our mums, or honorary mums, teach, support, and, above all, accompany us through life. Mum will always be your best shopping companion, she’s the first one you call with news, good or bad, and she’ll still drop everything to look after you when you’re sick, even after you’ve flown the nest.
“If I ever need my mum, she’s there – with bells on”
– Holly Willoughby
Our mums teach us to speak, walk, read, cook, drive, and, most importantly, to love. They keep us safe and really do know us best. They’re also one of the few people that will support us through all of our mistakes and pick up the pieces afterwards. But have you ever really said thank you?
“You have been my number one fan from day one but more importantly your support, honesty, and tireless love for not just me and my sisters but for your grand kids which really shows the type of person you are … Amazingly generous .. Thank you for being my mum”
– David Beckham
Win two £50 spa vouchers for you and your mum
To celebrate our sponsorship of the Mum of the Year award we want to know about your amazing mum. What are you most thankful for? And what’s the most important lesson you’ve learnt from your mum?
For the chance to win two £50 spa vouchers for you and your Mum, we want you to tell us why your mum is your hero.
How to enter on Instagram
- Follow @buyasyouview on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/buyasyouview/
- Upload a picture and tell us about your mum in the caption
- Use the hashtag #bayvthanksmum to submit your entry
How to enter on Facebook
- Find our most recent Facebook post on the competition
- Comment with a picture and tell us about your mum
Maybe you’d like to tell us why mum knows best, or share your favourite mum-moment. What memory will you always treasure? Or what was she right about all along?
The winner will be announced on 27th July and along the way we’ll share some of our favourite family snaps on Facebook and Instagram.
We can’t wait to see all of your snaps – good luck!
- By entering the Buy As You View Mum of the Year Photo Competition you agree to allow Buy As You View to reuse your entry on all Social Media channels and on our Blog.
- Entrants must be over 18, but you do not need to be an existing customer to enter.
- Any entries including inappropriate content or profanities will be ignored.
- The competition closes at midday (12pm) on 22nd July 2016. Any entries submitted after this time will not be counted.
- The top entries will be shortlisted and a winner will be chosen by a panel of judges at Buy As You View.
- The winner will be announced on 27th July and you will be contacted through Instagram or Facebook. It is the winner’s responsibility to check for the announcement and details on how to collect the prize.
- The winner and their mum, or honorary mum, will be award a £50 spa voucher each, which can be redeemed at their nearest major spa outlet.